Museo Salvatore Ferragamo is located in the medieval basement of the historic Palazzo Spini Feroni in Florence.
Since its construction in 1289, the building is part of the life and the image of the city. Built by Geri Spini, banker to the Pope and the kings of France and England, to manifest the power of his family through the grandeur of the building. After the Spini succeeded the Guasconi, the da Bagnano, the Feroni, noble lineages who commissioned admirable artistic decorations until the nineteenth century, when the palace became a luxury hotel hosting the chancellor Metternich and the composer Listz. It was then the seat of the City Council at the time of Florence Capital, the Scientific and Literary Cabinet G.P Vieusseux, attended by foreigners, art galleries and home of prominent personalities, such as the writer Oscar Wilde.
In 1938 Salvatore Ferragamo opened his luxury footwear workshop and soon, after the purchase of the important building, which since then became the headquarters of the company and the first Salvatore Ferragamo store. In its rooms can be seen masterpieces of Florentine art between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, such as the frescoes by Bernardino Poccetti in the wonderful chapel of the piano nobile, made between 1609 and 1612. At the ground floor, in the entrance hall, the medieval coats of arms of the Florentine Arts and the Neighborhood of Santo Spirito. On a wall is placed the marble high relief with the Fall of the Giants by Giuseppe Piamontini dated 1705.
View of Palazzo Spini Feroni from Piazza Santa Trinita.
Pietro Dandini, Allegories of Vices and Virtues, before 1712, fresco at the first floor of Palazzo Spini Feroni, Hall of Vices and Virtues, vault.
Ranieri del Pace and Lorenzo Merlini, Kings Agamemnon, Menelaus and some soldiers, Putti with shields and weapons, c. 1713, fresco and stucco, Gallery (Blue Room), vault.
View of the Chapel at the first floor of Palazzo Spini Feroni.
View of Palazzo Spini Feroni and Santa Trinita bridge from Lungarno Guicciardini.